Senior Inspector Gabriel Cameron of Lambeth Police Station gave an update to the press gathered in the Clapham area of London.
He described last night’s chemical attack in Clapham as “horrific” and gave more information about the man wanted by police: 35-year-old Abdul Ezedi.
G. Cameron said that A. Ezedi was with the woman and children who were attacked last night, but left the scene. He added that A. Ezedi was last seen on Caledonia Street, north London.
According to the police representative, the suspected assailant may have suffered from the chemical substance himself – he suffered injuries on the right side of his face.
“He’s got serious injuries to the right side of his face,” Cameron said, urging: “If you see him … please don’t go near him. Call 999.”
Earlier on Thursday, British channel Sky News released CCTV footage of a chemical attack in south London that injured a woman and two children.
Police say “disruptive substances” were thrown at the victims in the attack in Clapham, described by firefighters as a “chemical incident”.
CCTV shows a man running around the car before getting into the driver’s seat, while a woman and a child sit in front of the car with their hands covering their faces.
A mother and child may have suffered life-changing injuries in a chemical attack, police searching for a dangerous suspect said earlier.
A 31-year-old woman and her three-year-old daughter, along with another eight-year-old daughter, remain in hospital after the attack in Clapham last night when a man threw a destructive chemical at them.
A total of 12 people were injured in the incident, including five police officers who were injured while responding to the incident.
Three women – two around 30 years old. and one about 50 years old. – were also injured when they came to the aid of a woman and her two children.
They were all released from the hospital with minor burns. 50 years the man also refused hospital treatment for minor injuries after helping the victims of the attack.